What does it do? You know when you meet an awesome girl (great talks, you’re so good together) and after a couple of months you find out she has a VERY pretty sister? Youtube is your GF, Vimeo the pretty sister.
Vimeo home page
- Beautiful video in the background: really captures what the site offers
- No focus on signing up with Facebook, which is interesting
Choose account plan
- Plans and prices are way down the page
- It is really early in the process to start paying money (why would I do that at this point)
- Annoying that it says here that in order to have the uncluttered and ad-free experience I have to upgrade to a paying account
- REALLY chaotic dashboard. All kinds of things that are screaming for my attention
- There are a couple of widgets in Spanish, this is probably a bug?
- No further onboarding steps, I just get dropped in here. I really expected to have to configure what I like to see, who I want to follow, etcetera
- I can get into a “learn more how my feed works” if I want to
- Contrast with the frontpage is huge in terms of beauty. Homepage makes me want to signup, but I didn’t expect this
- Did receive a nice welcome e-mail to verify my account. Provides with some further steps to take too.