I really hope you’ve been enjoying this weeks series on Deep Work by Cal Newport. I know I did.
On this day, I like to encourage you to take a step back and review the topics discussed the past days. Is there anything you like to change in the way you work or live? Now is the time to schedule your actions.
- Day 1: The idea. The difference between deep work and shallow work.
- Day 2: Resist switching to distractions. We can all grow in our focus and learn new ways to battle distractions.
- Day 3: Lag measures, lead measures. If we want to improve our outcome, we need to keep the right metrics in mind. Lead measures actually have impact on the outcome, lag measures don’t.
- Day 4: Deal with shallow work. No matter what you do and your position, you’ll need to learn how to deal with shallow work.
- Day 5: Let small bad things happen. If we want to do great things, we have to compromise. Best to compromise on small things, which is ok.
- Day 6: Put more thought in your leisure time. You can get more out of your time to relax when you put a little thought in it.
Deep work, when applied, can have an enormous impact on the amount and quality of your work. The concepts are simple and that makes them relatively easy to apply. I hope my interpretation of the book and highlights I got from it help you to move forward and get a little bit better.
I'm giving away a copy of the book among the subscribers of DailyPM. If you don't want to miss out on these things, you should sign up too.