What does it do? Meetup is a platform for meeting new and likeminded people via get-togethers based on your interests.
- Inviting image
- Clear call to action buttons to sign up, which is next up
- Clear form with three fields: name, email and password
- I like it that it is very clear that your name will be public for everyone on the website
A little about me
- Short and friendly form
- The city dropdown could be targeted a bit better, based on my IP address this could be pre-filled
Add your face
- I like it that there is a large “Import from Facebook” option, most people have it and have their best picture on there anyway
- Option to skip this step is good
Confirm your account
- I think this is the first website where a confirm your account option is mandatory before I’m able to access my account. I always hate it when this happens.
- The added quote is a nice touch
- After confirming my account, on this page I’m able to select one or more interests
- It doesn’t seem like I have to select at least a couple of interests before I’m able to continue
Pick Meetup groups
- After selecting my interests, I’m presented with a list of Meetup groups, which are related to my interests
- Endless list and I like the way the meetups are presented
- I missed this before: there are almost no hoverstates used. Could make browsing these kind of pages so much more fun.
- I like the little animation on selecting a group
- I’m seeing a list of meetups, again related to my interests and groups I’ve selected
- Besides the confirm my account email I didn’t receive a welcome mail