What does it do? Remember how your first e-mail address was an Hotmail account? Well, this is what it has grown into. While just about everyone switched to Gmail, Microsoft Hotmail morphed into MSN Hotmail then into Windows Live Mail and from there it became Windows Live Hotmail. Outlook.com is a webbased e-mail service.
Ok, before we dive in, FLASHBACK:
- No option to switch to English
- The banner on the left is focussed op current users, the whole page is aimed at existing members instead of acquiring new users
Create an account
- A huge form to fill out. A bit obvious because it will create a new e-mail address.
- The password cannot be longer than 16 characters…
Welcome to your new inbox
- An introduction to the new Outlook.com
- There is a video about the “new” inbox, but it has no inviting button to click on
- This is it, after closing the welcome message I’m being dropped in my new inbox
- There is a big advertisement displayed on the right