What does it do? Like Pocket, Instapaper offers a platform where you can save articles to read later.
- The Instapaper home page is very clean, even the use of color is very functional
- There are just two options: sign in or create an account. Lets set up a new one!
Sign up popup
- No new window, just a popup with two fields: e-mail and password
- There is a checkbox for keeping me logged in
- No onboarding, no install-plugin, no tutorial
- There is a single article added to my feed, which is called “Welcome to Instapaper”, but there is no additional trigger for getting me to open it
Welcome to Instapaper article
- A convenient way of explaining some of the features of Instapaper
- In the text, e-mailing articles, saving from native apps and the bookmarklet is explained
- A couple of minutes after signing up, I received a friendly e-mail with almost the same contents (mobile apps, adding articles via e-mail, bookmarklet, etcetera)