The last couple of day's I've been diving into teamwork and leading teams. Which is a great topic. Thanks for your questions around it too. Feel free to drop them anytime.
An important thing to add to your routine is to regularly “scan” your team. With that I mean that you go over everyone you work with and ask yourself hard questions.
A starting point:
- Is this person still functioning at the top of their game?
- What's the one thing this person should change to make a big leap forward?
- What's the biggest quality of this team member?
- What are other things that pop into your head when you think about this person?
- Is there feedback you should give this person?
- Why is this person still a part of your team?
- What is the next step in the career of this team member?
How you identify and develop our most expensive asset, our people, is a critical component of your culture. Highly skilled people get bored easily, so you need a system like this in place to detect early warning signs.
So the Team Performance Scanner is nothing complicated. It is a simple but effective way to keep an eye out and help to keep your team in the best possible shape.