Talking about buzzwords: synergy is a big one. But the concept is powerful. It is about considering the whole to be bigger than the sum of its parts.
To me this is the fuzziest habit in the book, and again it is a combination of the preceding habits “understand before being understood” and “win/win”. The difficulty lies within the issue that you cannot be “synergetic” on your own. But, Covey says that a great deal of synergy is within your circle of influence.
So what can you do to stimulate synergy?
- Don’t take insults personally
- Look for the good in others
- Seek to improve your point of view and to enlarge your perspective
- Value difference
- Keep others involved and up to date on your activities
- Share credit
- Make space for others to share their views: talk less, listen more
In that light, more synergy boils down to better teamwork. That sounds like an excellent goal to aim for.