I was still in the office while writing this post. They were asking to review lesser known sites. Actually, doing a Facebook signup is rewarding, simply because it is such a mess. Could be because they don’t have to focus on user growth anymore, but the first interaction with Facebook really sucks.
Facebook home page
- Re-enter e-mail address is weird
- Would be nice to have an optional birthday and gender
Find your friends
- Windows Live Messenger? Whut?
Add profile pic
- Adding a profile picture via your webcam
- There are more than 5000+ people named Rick, a reason for adding a picture
- 4 steps to configure my account: search for friends by entering your e-mail username and password, get to know your privacy settings, add a profile picture or search for friends by name
- Basically all the things that got asked during the signup are asked again
- I’m not pushed to post on my feed