Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been doing my annual review for 2014. I gathered a list of goals for the categories financial, relationship, friends, health, spiritual, learning, family, work and sideprojects. Reviewing this list, I found that my goals were too small. Too safe. I could easily accomplish all things on the list without saying no to current things and without pain.
This is why I’ve added or improved my goals to be BHAG: they will cost me. They require saying no to some things I really love. And I’m going to share it here. There is a big downside to sharing: all goals have a risk of failure of at least 25%. I could look back on this post one year from now and be disappointed. I could also review, remember my hard work and celebrate.
- Work remotely in a different country for a month
- Engage in a speaking engagement at least once a month
- Write a book
- Don’t watch TV series or movies for a year (cinema allowed)
- Have a running 30 day project all the time
- Commit to do a (summer) internship
- Stop drinking alcohol somewhere this year
Sounds like an exciting year ahead!