What does it do? You know Dropbox, doesn’t need explaining.
First screen: signup form
- Clicking sign up slides out the signup form, nice
- Content is saved on form error (except for password strength indicator)
- Opening terms and conditions opens in a new window, saves form data but leaves context
Second screen: upload a file
- I like the progressbar at the top of the window
- I don’t have to verify my e-mailaddress yet (didn’t receive an e-mail up to this point either)
- I’m not able to skip this part of the onboarding process
- Drag and drop is nice
Third screen: share the uploaded file
- Ability to skip this screen is good
- Nice to see a preview of the image I’ve uploaded
- No visual progress of uploading, only a spinner. Process took a while and a real progressbar would have been nice.
Fourth screen: share successful
- Nice, friendly illustration
Fifth screen: Dropbox dashboard
- After finishing the onboarding I know that I am able to upload and to share. But because the interface is really different from the “normal” Dropbox experience, I still don’t know how the service really works.
- I did not receive a welcome e-mail during the signup/onboarding process, would have expected this.
- Dropbox has a “Get Started” tour, but it is not really clear after I completed the onboarding process. Would be a very logical step to point to on first dashboard landing or in the welcome e-mail.
Update: Hah, after 10 minutes, I received an e-mail from Dropbox which tells me to install Dropbox on my computer and/or phone. Still missing the link to the “Get Started” tour to earn my 250 MB bonus though!